KDE Cantonal German Tests
for the Naturalization Procedure
academia integration is an authorised Center for the Cantonal German Test (KDE) as approved by the Canton of Zurich.
- The Test has 4 parts: Listening (B1), Reading (A2), Writing (A2) and Speaking (B1).
- The Listening, Reading and Writing parts take approximately 1.5 hours. Firstly you will hear a short article and read a small text. You will then answer questions regarding the texts. You will also be required to write a short text about a given topic. (roughly 40 words).
- The Speaking Part takes approximately 15 Minutes. You will speak with two examiners about your daily life, such as family, friends, work, school, hobbies, traveling and health.
- Accessories e.g. mobile phones and dictionaries are prohibited during the entire Exam.
- Please bring a valid Identification Card with you to the test.
- The results will be transmitted to your Commune two weeks after the Exam. Please enquire there about the results.
- Should you fail and wish to retake the exam, this will be decided by the Communal authorities. You may collect a recommendation letter from us.
Dates Zurich (Löwenstrasse and Lagerstrasse)
- 15th March 2019
- 12th April 2019
- 17th May 2019
- 14th June 2019
- 12th July 2019
- 23rd August 2019
- 13th September 2019
- 11th October 2019
- 15th November 2019
- 13th December 2019
- 01st March 2019
- 26th April 2019
- 31st May 2019
- 28th June 2019
- 26th July 2019
- 09th August 2019
- 27th September 2019
- 18th October 2019
- 29th November 2019
- 20th December 2019
The registration form for the Cantonal German Test (KDE) is availabe at your Commune. You or your Commune should submit this registration form with a cover letter (personally/by post/by E-Mail).